Stay Tuned!

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

circuit Madrid Sports

Madrid F1 circuit to host Formula 3 test

Madrid F1 circuit to host Formula 3 test

Formula 3 will conduct an official two-day test at Madrid’s new Formula 1 circuit next month as preparations continue for the venue’s world championship debut.

The August 24-25 test follows Ferrari’s filming day last week and is intended to validate the circuit’s sporting, operational and safety procedures under real racing conditions.

Formula 3 also announced its 2026 season finale at Madrid will be expanded to include an extra qualifying session and a second feature race, compensating for the Bahrain round that was cancelled earlier this year.

“I’m very pleased to announce this F3 test session,” said Formula 3 CEO Bruno Michel.

“It will be two very valuable days of testing for our teams and drivers to appraise this new challenge before the crucial final round of the 2026 season.”

Madrid GP director Luis Garcia Abad said the aim has always been to ensure the circuit is fully validated before Formula 1 arrives in September.

“From the very beginning, we were clear that we wanted to arrive at the Grand Prix with a fully validated and tested circuit,” he said.

“These test days allow us to carry out all the necessary checks before the Grand Prix makes its debut.”

Meanwhile, Barcelona city sports councillor David Escude remains confident the Circuit de Catalunya has a long-term future despite Madrid taking over as host of the Spanish GP.

“I think time will prove us right,” he told Metropoli Barcelona.

“Nobody likes the Madrid track, not even the drivers themselves. We have one of the best tracks.

“Yes, the circuit needs modernisation and investment, but we’re putting on a great race. We hope everything will eventually fall into place.”

Barcelona is due to return to the Formula 1 calendar in 2028 under the sport’s new rotation agreement with Spa-Francorchamps.

Read More

Avatar

wp_update-d8449e3d

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Eagles’ Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox Back Nick Sirianni to Continue as HC Despite Rumors
Eagles' Jason Sports

Eagles’ Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox Back Nick Sirianni to Continue as HC Despite Rumors

Timothy Rapp@@TRappaRTFeatured Columnist IVJanuary 17, 2024 Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images Philadelphia Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni’s job security has been called
Rory McIlroy Pitches Global ‘Champions League’ Format for Golf amid LIV Negotiations
McIlroy Pitches Sports

Rory McIlroy Pitches Global ‘Champions League’ Format for Golf amid LIV Negotiations

Joseph Zucker@@JosephZuckerFeatured Columnist IVJanuary 17, 2024 Luke Walker/Getty Images Rory McIlroy pitched a new vision for the sport of golf